zondag, augustus 02, 2009
vrijdag, juli 24, 2009
Oh my, I’ve got quit a few finishes to share with you. Willeke’s Round Robin is finished and received, I made my mom a needleroll for her birthday, finished a biscornu and I even made a little time for a UFO!
First things first, a picture of Willeke’s RR:
Then there’s the needleroll for mom finish. It’s a Lorri Birmingham design called “the four seasons”. After looking long, hard and not being able to trace this chart, I felt very lucky to finally obtain this chart, it’s OOP (out of print). Jenna had it for sale, did she know I definitely needed this chart?, thanks again Jenna! I choose the summer part, cause mom loves butterflies.
Another thing finished is this biscornu.
It’s a rather special thingy… well, not the biscornu, but the reason why I made it. Mmmmm, perhaps I should explain this a little? I’ve got this friend who owns a craft shop, “de Marlotte”. She sells embroidery machines, beautiful fabrics, DMC, and stitch accessories (the cutest Rico booklets and French stitch magazines). Well, Marjo asked me if I could start some stitch classes! After taking some time to make my decision I told her I would love to do a “coffee / tea morning with the possibility to stitch” ;). In my opinion, being together is the most important part, but I’ll also try to explain how to make things like a biscornu for those interested. So now you know the reason for this biscornu.
The “wijnkelder” has a long term UFO sal. It means you pick a UFO from your possibly large pile (I’ve got a few…) and you do some stitches on it every 13th of the month. I’ll try and stick before and after pictures in the side bar.
Then there’s our garden. What can I tell you about it… it has very fertile ground, this means plants are doing well and weeds are doing even better! The knee-high stage of weeds is reached in no time and removing them takes up ages… *sigh… Really it does! In front and to the side of our house is done and we also planted some new plants. Now up for the backyard (I’m getting tired even thinking about it). This is a mosaic from our garden.
dinsdag, mei 26, 2009
woensdag, mei 06, 2009
zondag, april 05, 2009
2. Finally put the sewing machine on the table and make the finished stitchings into real finishes.
3. Finish the dragon I'm stitching for Jan (my eldest).
4. Non stitchy, finally make my mum a tea cozy (I intended to do that about 3 years ago, so another big chunck of shame on me)
5. If there's time left I would love to start stitching for my sister. I bought her a great design, but I can't show it, cause she 's reading my blog also (making a funny face at you Suzan :) ).
I didn't get much done, although I did stitch my part on the RR from Diana. That was enough reason for me not to blog ;).
A special day was februari 23rd, when we did celebrate our 12,5 year wedding anniversary! "Nothing to make a fuss about" and "it isn't a difficult thing to be married" are the things I've always said, but nowadays it seems to be quite something to be married after all these years (.....). I decided on a small celebration with our own family, mum and dad added, nice dinner and a hardanger heart specially made for us.
dinsdag, februari 03, 2009
1. Mail out Marion's RR. Done.
2. Start stitching the januari pinkeep from Maryse. Finished the stitching!
3. Finally continue some stitching on the Snowbuddies Afghan. Unfortunately... nope...
4. Finish the Dragon Dreams christmas ornament. Stitching is ready and it's too cute!
5. Do some stitches in a WIP (work in progress) Finished 2 WIP's, major happy dance!
6. Make a WIP list. Done that ;)